Thursday, December 13, 2012

Margó Salón de Té - Madrid


Margó is a kind of coffee shop but please don't think of starbucks...Margó is a perfect place to go at the end of the afternoon to have a dessert, coffee, or their specialty, tea in a beautifully decorated space. It's a classier and nicer breed of coffee shops. Their products are definitely Thelicious and high quality. I recommend you to go for a ladies lunch of for a couple's romantic date! You won't be disappointed. If you're not into tea or coffee they also have a decent wine menu.

What I like the most, I was there for hours and didn't even notice. The ambiance is relaxing and cosy plus they surprise me by having one of my favorite desserts ever! Torta Milhojas, if you love dulce de leche as much as me you have to adore this Chilean invention! Margó is in Calle María de Molina 5 and it's open from 9h to 22h. I've never been to their breakfast or brunch, if you do let me know!

Margó es una cafetería, pero por favor no piensen en starbucks...Margó es el lugar perfecto para ir al final de la tarde a tomar un postre, café, o un té que es su especialidad, en un espacio muy bonito. Es la versión elegante y de mayor calidad de una cafetería, es como dice su nombre un Salón de Té. Sus productos son definitivamente Thelicious. Les recomiendo ir para una tarde o comida de chicas o para una cita romántica en pareja! No se decepcionarán. Si no te apetece mucho el café o el té también ofrecen una carta de vinos decente entre otras bebidas. 

Lo que más me gustó, estuve ahí por horas y ni lo he notado. El ambiente es relajante y acogedor, además me han sorprendido con uno de mis postres favoritos! Nunca pensé encontrarlo ahí, es una Torta Milhojas. Si te gusta el dulce de leche tanto como a mi vas a adorar esta invención chilena! Margó esta en la Calle María de Molina 5 y esta abierto de 9h a 22h. Nunca he ido a su desyauno pero si van déjenme saber!

View from the second floor...the bar with all the thelicious desserts!




Margó is inviting and romantic


Every detail was there, from cloth napkins, to nice cutlery and beautiful teapots

Besides being a coffee/tea shop you can also shop for serving sets such as this one. They sell tableware amongst other products
hmm Carrot cake. It was great, a perfect classic for winter

Now I introduce you to the Milhojas chilean cake... for me this is one of the best desserts in the world. It is a mille feuille filled with dulce de leche at every layer. It takes me back to my childhood, my father being chilean I used to have this cake regularly even if I hadn't been to Chile
My two favorite, Carrot cake and Torta milhojas...both perfect with a cup of tea




In the mood for red velvet, apple pie, muffins, cookies??? name it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover