Saturday, December 8, 2012

Brunch - Café Oliver

It is not as easy to find a place for brunch in Spain as it is in any American city. While in Barcelona I had already discovered many places for brunch. I will post soon about my favorite one...but in Madrid I had no idea where to go for my long time loved eggs benedict and a fresh orange juice. I was apartment hunting in one of my favorite streets in Madrid, Calle Almirante, when I found Café Oliver. I learned their weekend brunch is well known in the city but for me it fell and still feels like a precious discovery. Now that I live close by I try to stop myself from going too often!

A tip, when you go to Café Oliver be aware that you won't be able to eat anything else for most part of your day! Their Brunch menu is big; it includes fresh orange juice, coffee, a bread assortment, a choice of a first dish, obviously the eggs benedict should be the choice, and even a second dish that could be fruit salad, cheeseburger, or pancakes! Also their brunch is every Sunday and it costs €25


No es tan fácil conseguir un lugar de brunch en España como lo es en una ciudad americana. Cuando estaba en Barcelona ya había logrado descubrir varios lugares de brunch, de los que pronto estaré posting, pero en Madrid no tenía ni idea a donde ir para comer mis amados huevos benedict y un zumo de naranja fresco. Me encontraba buscando casa por una de mis calles favoritas en Madrid, la calle Almirante, cuando encontré Café Oliver. Luego supe que su brunch de lo findes es muy conocido en la ciudad pero para mi fue y sigue sieno un descubrimiento muy preciado. Ahora que finalmente vivo muy cerca tengo que luchar contra la tentación de ir demasiadas veces!

Un tip, cuando vayas a Café Oliver ten en cuenta que no podrás comer por casi el resto del día! Su menú de brunch es grande; incluye zumo de naranja fresco, café, varios panes y croissant, un primero a elegir, obviamente los huevos benedict, y luego un segundo a elegir entre ensalada de frutas, cheeseburger o panquecas! Antes que me olvide su brunch es todos los domingos y cuesta €25

 


It's all about the moment when you first cut a poached egg and it kind of explodes...Oh I love it! few things can top this as your first meal of the day
This pic is from the restaurant's website, I wanted to show you their burger

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover