Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bar a huîtres - Paris

As soon as I knew I was visiting Paris I started craving oysters like crazy!
 I happily ended up having lunch at Le Bar a Huîtres close to the place de vosges. The selection of oysters available at this restaurant was amazing. All products were super fresh. They offer seafood platters including crab, lobster, mussels, shrimp and also a la carte dishes. The platters are great to share and to taste a bit of everything. I went with a tasting of "Grand Cru" oysters; escargots, and a rich in flavor fish soup. 
Although the food was delicious and the place beautiful, the service was just ok. I still recommend it to every oyster/seafood foodie visiting Paris.


ipad menu bar a huitres paris
It's s kind of cool to have the menu on an iPad. It's a good tool to learn about the different types of oysters, its geography and taste amongst other dishes. However, it could easily become confusing and at the end of the day I value simplicity



salts and olive oil at bar a huitres paris
Black Salt from Hawaii, Pink Salt from the Himalaya and Extra Virgin Olive Oil 

This was a complimentary leek and mussel hors d'oeuvre 
amazing oyster tasting menu at paris bar a huitres
Oyster tasting platter- 18 different types of oysters! The oysters come from all over France.
I loved the presentation and each oyster was really a little piece of heaven. It's a discovery of all kinds of oysters from flat and small to very very large ones

largest oyster I have ever seen! in Paris bar a huitres
Largest oyster I've seen in my life!

escargots delicious bar a huitres paris
Escargots de Bourgogne. Succulent! so so delish!
You need special tongs and fork to grab the shell and take out the snail. The sauce is a combination of butter, garlic, parsley and minced shallots
You can try and make them at home, I sure will  really soon! Just buy good quality canned burgundy snails, buy the shells separately, insert the snails into the shells and top with a homemade sauce

fish soup in paris bar a huitres
Soupe de poisson- spectacular rich flavor! 



Order to go! 


This is the Oyster tasting Platter I ordered:
The 18 Oysters « Grand Cru »
  • 1 La Belle Fermanvillaise N°4
  • 1 Fine de Prat-Ar-Coum N°3
  • 1 Huître plate de Prat-Ar-Coum N°3
  • 1 Fine de Bretagne Cadoret N°3
  • 1 Belon Cadoret N°4,
  • 1 Belon Cadoret N°00000
  • 1 I'île de Noirmoutier N°3,
  • 1 I'île de Ré N°3
  • 1 Perle Blanche Spéciale N°5
  • 1 Gillardeau Spéciale N°3
  • 1 Royale Cabanon « Pousse en Claire » David Hervé N°2
  • 2 Fine de Claire David Hervé N°3
  • 1 Huître Plate Verte « Pousse en Claire » David Hervé N°0
  • 1 Gravette Plate du Mimbeau N°2
  • 1 Spéciale Banc d’Arguin N°0
  • 1 Pinasse de l’île aux Oiseaux N°4
  • 1 Papillon de la Dune du Pyla N°5



1 comment:

  1. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! Libros Populares

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover